Online Help & Answers
Search Our Answers
What's involved in getting repair certification?

All used vehicles entering New Zealand must be checked by an NZTA authorised agent, (we use VTNZ) and complied before they can be registered for use on the road.

If VTNZ identifies that the vehicle has been damaged or repaired before or has rust contamination before it arrived in NZ the vehicle will require Repair Certification.

A  Repair Certifier Engineer, licensed by NZTA will advise what repair method is required to repair your vehicle and will monitor the repair before issuing a Repair Certificate at completion.  The inspection and any required repairs will be at a cost to the owner which will vary depending on the work and certification required. This cost is additional to the Entry Certification Fee and or Compliance Fee.

Remember: You cannot drive the vehicle on the road until it meets all legal requirements.


Other Popular Questions