Online Help & Answers
Search Our Answers
Re-Register your vehicle in New Zealand

Re-Register A Vehicle IN NEW Zealand

  • If your vehicle’s registration has been cancelled in NZ and you want to use the vehicle on the road again, you need to register it again, which includes vehicle compliance.
  • There are some steps to follow to register your vehicle if it isn’t registered now, but it has been registered in New Zealand before.
  • Because it’s unregistered, you can’t legally drive it on the road. It needs to be towed or transported by another vehicle.
  • You need to take proof that it has been registered in New Zealand before, and that you’re the person entitled to register it again now.
  • * proof of ownership can be old registration papers, or documentation that show the vehicle’s identification number (VIN) or chassis number, such as an old Certificate of registration.
  • We, the certifier will need to be satisfied that the documents demonstrate that the vehicle, when originally registered, was designed and constructed according to the requirements applying at that time.

NZTA Details - Get a free, Instant Quote or Contact Us


Other Popular Questions