Online Help & Answers
Search Our Answers
Proof of Ownership - United States

If you're importing a used vehicle from the United States you must provide evidence that it meets a range of approved standards before it can be registered for use on the road.

Proof of ownership

You need to provide evidence that you're the legal owner of the vehicle.

This can include:

  • the original documents showing the ownership history to the last registered owner in the United States (eg de-registration or change of ownership papers or a USA certificate of origin) and
  • an invoice, bill of sale or receipt, etc.
  • must not be owing any monies and or finance.
  • must have a clear title.

Important: If the Vehicle is LHD (Left Hand Drive) or LHD Rare Models, please read this article

NZTA Details Here - Get a free, Instant Quote or Contact Us



Get a free, Instant Quote or Contact Us


Other Popular Questions