Online Help & Answers
Search Our Answers
Proof of Ownership - Japan

If you're importing a used vehicle from Japan you must provide evidence that it meets a range of approved standards before it can be registered for use on the road.

Proof of ownership
You need to provide evidence that you're the legal owner of the vehicle.

Must be the original documents Export Certificate (De-reg Papers), that prove previous registration and provide an ownership trail that goes back to the last registered owner in the country where the vehicle was last registered. Vehicles must not be owing any monies and or finance. Vehicles must have a clear title.

NZTA Details Here or Get a free, Instant Quote


Other Popular Questions