Online Help & Answers
Search Our Answers
Proof of Ownership - Europe

If you're importing a used vehicle from Europe you must provide evidence that it meets a range of approved standards before it can be registered for use on the road.

Proof of ownership
You need to provide evidence that you're the legal owner of the vehicle. This includes:

  • the original documents that prove previous registration and provide an ownership trail that goes back to the last registered owner in the country where the vehicle was last registered, and
  • certified English translations of all documents not in English (bills of sale, purchase receipts etc).
  • vehicles must not have monies owing or finance.
  • vehicles must have clear title.

NZTA Details Here  - Get a free, Instant Quote or Contact Us

Get a free, Instant Quote or Contact Us


Other Popular Questions