Online Help & Answers
Search Our Answers
Required documentation importing from Great Britain / UK

Importing from Great Britain / UK

An original certificate of permanent export - Pictured Below


original documents that prove both previous registration and provide an ownership trail that goes back to the previous registered owner of the vehicle in the UK.


A vehicle presented with V308 registration document can be processed as a new vehicle.
A vehicle presented with a VX302 registration document should be treated as a used vehicle.
If the importer is unable to link themselves back to the previous registered owner they can request an HPI or Experian check for their vehicle. This report will indicate if a vehicle has ID issues, is stolen, has finance owing or is an insurance write-off.

If an invoice, registration document, HPI or Experian check says that the vehicle was written off for damage the vehicle must be referred to a repair certifier.


Other Popular Questions